You are here
Why Choose Potsdam
Because we take your education seriously.
- #1 in SUNY for access & mentoring
- Small classes (our student/teacher ratio is 15:1)
- Personal Advisers
Because we value the whole student and provide a hand crafted education.
- At SUNY Potsdam, a rigorous high school curriculum is the best indicator of student success.
- At SUNY Potsdam, standardized tests have not been a predictor of student success.
- This policy is a better fit with our culture of creativity and interdisciplinary studies.
Click here to read more.
Because once you go North?
you?ll never want to go back.
- Adirondack Park is your backyard!
- Safest campus in SUNY
- Venture Outdoors student-run rentals for outdoor recreation
- Classic college town (four colleges in 10 mile radius, 13,000 college students in the area)
- Close to Ottawa and Montreal to the North; Syracuse to the South, Burlington, VT to the East
- More than 40 majors and 40 minors
- Undergraduate research
- Honors Program
- Study abroad
- More than 400 music, dance, theatre productions per year
- Roland Gibson Art Gallery
- In-state tuition is $5,570
- Commitment to campus improvements including renovations to residence halls and construction of a brand new Performing Arts Center
- Scholarship programs
We Know Having Fun is Important Too
- We want our students to not only be well educated, but also socially well-rounded citizens.
- More than 100 clubs and organizations
- A student-run nightclub, radio station and more
- #1 in SUNY for food service
- Farm to Table program brings local produce right to your plate
- Your money is recycled on campus in the form of scholarships
- Campus eating includes fireside lounges, cyber cafes, coffee bars, brick oven pizza, vegetarian options and more.
- Singles, doubles, suites, apartments, townhouses
- Off-campus options for upper classmen
- Convenient campus layout