You are here
B.A. in Business Economics
Michael Nuwer, Chair
222 Dunn, (315) 267-2077, firstname.lastname@example.org
37 credit hours required. Plus 3 credits of cognates.
All courses are 3 credits unless noted. Credits are divided as follows:
Required Courses (Credits 7)
ECON 105 Principles of Microeconomics
ECON 110 Principles of Macroeconomics
ECON 492 Senior Seminar (1 credit)
Group I (Microeconomics) one of the following (Credits 3)
ECON 355 Intermediate Microeconomics
ECON 450 International Economics
ECON 460 Industrial Organization
ECON 470 Economics of the Public Sector
Group II (Macroeconomics) one of the following (Credits 3)
ECON 360 Intermediate Macroeconomic
ECON 441 Money and Banking
Elective Courses: choose eight courses (Credits 24)
- Students must take at least three electives from Economics (ECON).
- Students must take at least two electives from ACCT, MGMT, and/or FINA.
- ECON 490 (Legislative Internship) and ECON 491 (Internship) may not be used to fulfill elective requirement.
- A list of qualified electives is kept in the department office. Cognate Requirements 3 STAT 100, MATH 125 or equivalent statistics course
- Business Economics majors must earn a minimum grade of 2.0 in every course counted toward the major (required, elective and cognate courses).
- Students need not take ECON 105 and 110 in sequence. Students must receive a grade of 2.0 or higher in each appropriate prerequisite before taking upper-division economics courses.
- A minimum of 15 credit hours in the major must be at the upper division level.
- Students may not double-count more than two common courses between any majors and minors in the Department of Economics and the Department of Business Administration. Cognate requirements are excluded from this rule.
- Transfer students are expected to meet the same major requirements as non-transfer students. Eighteen hours of the major course work must be completed at Potsdam.
- Students may not double major in Business Economics and Economics.