B.A. in Economics
Michael Nuwer, Chair
222 Dunn, (315) 267-2077, firstname.lastname@example.org
31 credit hours required. Plus 7 credits of cognates.
All courses are 3 credits unless noted. Credits are divided as follows:
|ECON 105||Principles of Microeconomics|
|ECON 110||Principles of Macroeconomics|
|ECON 355||Intermediate Microeconomics|
|ECON 360||Intermediate Macroeconomics|
|ECON 492||Senior Seminar (1 credit)|
- Students must take at least six courses
- ECON 490 (Legislative Internship) and ECON 491 (Internship) may not be used to fulfill elective requirement.
- A list of qualified electives is kept in the department office.
|STAT 100, MATH 125 or equivalent statistics course|
|COMP 201||Writing Arguments (4 credit)|
- Economics majors must earn a minimum grade of 2.0 in every course counted toward the major (required, elective and cognate courses).
- Students do not have to take ECON 105 and 110 in sequence. Students must receive a grade of 2.0 or higher in each appropriate prerequisite before taking upper-division economics courses.
- Students may not count more than three lower-division courses toward the 31 credit hour requirement for the Economics major. These include ECON 105 and 110. Cognate requirements are excluded from this rule.
- Students may not double-count more than two common courses between any majors and minors in the Department of Economics and the Department of Business Administration. Cognate requirements are excluded from this rule.
- Transfer students are expected to meet the same major requirements as non-transfer students. Fifteen hours of the major work must be completed at Potsdam.
- Students my not double major in Economics and Business Economics.