Internships & Career Opportunities
Undergraduates at SUNY Potsdam are encouraged to obtain extra experience in their chosen field by doing on and off-campus internships. Contact the Experiential Education Office at (315) 267-2803 or visit their website to learn more.
Examples of previous internships in which Politics students have participated include:
- Albany Semester Program, Albany, NY
- Cappello and Linden, Potsdam, NY
- Lekki Hill Fisher & Duprey, P.C. Massena, NY
- New York State Assembly, Albany, NY
- New York State Department of Labor, Albany, NY
- Snider & Snider, LLP, Massena, NY
- SUNY Brockport Washington Semester Program, Brockport, NY
- SUNY Washington Semester Program, Washington, DC
- Town of Potsdam Supervisor’s Office, Potsdam, NY
- Village of Massena, Massena, NY
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, various locales
- Public Policy Internship, create your own
Politics graduates have become attorneys throughout New York State and the nation, joined political science faculty at prestigious universities and built careers as community activists, journalists and staff members for congressmen and governors. They’ve also found employment with the U.S. Department of State, Merrill Lynch, the Foundation for International Relations, New York State Child Support Enforcement and Women’s Caucus for Political Science.