The music products industry has a continuing need for trained musicians who also understand the concepts and activities of a for-profit business. Crane graduates such as Sandy Feldstein, Scott Goodman, Bob Scheiwiller, David Fleming, and Jay Wanamaker have all followed this path to successful international careers with some of the largest music merchandising firms in the world.
Areas that music business majors and minors can find employment include:
- Artist representatives for music products companies
- Floor demonstrators for music product firms at trade shows and music conventions
- Retail Floor Salesman at family music centers in communities around the USA
- School Service Representatives for band and orchestra instrument rental programs
- Curriculum developers and editors for music publishing firms
- Virtuoso performers can become endorsed artists by instrument and accessory manufacturers
The career paths of the Crane alumni listed above demonstrate the opportunities for growth throughout the industry from lower management to CEO positions.