Professional Development Experience
As leaders in the advancement of music education, The Crane School of Music at SUNY Potsdam and the New York State School Music Association (NYSSMA) are proud to offer graduate credit through conference session and workshop attendance. Through these joint initiatives, practicing music educators can take advantage of a wide array of professional development experiences offered by professional organizations and receive Professional Development Experience credit from The Crane School of Music at SUNY Potsdam.
The Professional Development Experience (PDE) is appropriate for serving many curricular and professional purposes. Current PDE opportunities include:
- Looking in on Music Teacher Thinking, with master music teacher, Phil Greco, explores how effective teaching and effective questioning are inter-related. Saturday, November 16, 2013, 8am - 5pm.
- American Music Therapy Association (AMTA)
- Jazz at Lincoln Center (JALC)
- New York State School Music Association Winter Conference (NYSSMA)
- New York State Summer Music Conference (NYSSMC)
Please use the links, above, to access detailed information regarding specific PDE courses.