You are here
Crane/NYSSMA Winter Conference PDE
As leaders in the advancement of music education, The Crane School of Music at SUNY Potsdam and the New York State School Music Association (NYSSMA) are proud to offer graduate credit through NYSSMA Winter Conference session attendance. Through this joint initiative, practicing music educators can take advantage of a wide array of professional development experiences offered by the annual NYSSMA Winter Conference and receive one or two hours of graduate credit from The Crane School of Music at SUNY Potsdam.
The Crane/NYSSMA Professional Development Experience (PDE) is appropriate for serving many curricular and professional purposes. The Crane/NYSSMA PDE can be used:
- by newly practicing music educators seeking course work toward permanent certification.
- for certified practicing music educators seeking career advancement on district salary schedules.
- for in-service credit for all practicing music educators in the public schools.
- for lifelong learning.
Graduate Credit May be Earned as Follows:
Music educators may enroll for one or two graduate credits by attending sessions at the annual NYSSMA Conference in Rochester (December 3 - 6, 2015).
- Ten (10) contact hours of attendance at NYSSMA sessions is required per credit hour (limit of 2 credits). Students select the ten sessions per credit hour they wish to attend from the conference program (excluding receptions and other similar social events). All-State rehearsals and concerts may be included.
- To verify attendance, students will submit a credit submission form on which they list the sessions attended with their signature attesting to their attendance.
- Each participant will submit a typed, double-spaced paper (5 pages per credit) by January 31 that (1) briefly summarizes the content of the NYSSMA sessions attended and (2) describes how this content contributes to your professional development and informs your work as a music educator. Please mail completed papers to: Crane/NYSSMA PDE, Crane School of Music, 44 Pierrepont Ave., Potsdam, NY 13676.
Tuition for the 1-credit option is $481.79 (tuition and fees).
Tuition for the 2-credit option is $958.34(tuition and fees).
The course number and title is MUPD 612 NYSSMA PDE: Winter Conference 2015.
Click here to register. Bring a copy of this form to the registration desk at the conference. All tuition checks should be made out to NYSSMA (New York State School Music Association). NYSSMA also accepts major credit cards.
For additional information, send e-mail to Dr. Peter McCoy at email@example.com.