You are here
Crane/NYSSMA Summer Conference PDE
As leaders in the advancement of music education, The Crane School of Music at SUNY Potsdam and the New York State School Music Association (NYSSMA) are proud to offer graduate credit through New York State Summer Music Conference session attendance. Through this joint initiative, practicing music educators can take advantage of a wide array of professional development experiences offered at the conference and receive one hour of graduate credit from The Crane School of Music at SUNY Potsdam.
The Crane/NYSSMC Professional Development Experience (PDE) is appropriate for serving many curricular and professional purposes. The Crane/NYSSMC PDE can be used:
- by newly practicing music educators seeking course work toward professional certification.
- for certified practicing music educators seeking career advancement on district salary schedules.
- for in-service credit for all practicing music educators in the public schools.
- for lifelong learning.
Graduate Credit May be Earned as Follows:
Music educators may enroll for one graduate credit by attending sessions at the NYS 2016 Summer Music Conference in Albany (August 14-16, 2016).
- Ten (10) contact hours of attendance at NYSSMA sessions is required per credit hour (limit of 2 credits).
- Students select the sessions they wish to attend from the conference program (excluding receptions and other similar social events).
- To verify attendance, students will submit a credit submission form on which they list the sessions attended with their signature attesting to their attendance.
- Each participant will submit a paper (5 typed, double-spaced pages) postmarked by September 30, 2016 that (1) briefly summarizes the content of the NYSSMC sessions attended and (2) describes how this content contributes to your professional development and informs your work as a music educator. Please mail completed papers to: Crane/NYSSMC PDE, Crane School of Music, 44 Pierrepont Ave., Potsdam, NY 13676.
Tuition for the 1-credit option is $484.00 (tuition and fees).
Tuition for the 2-credit option is $963.00 (tuition and fees).
The course number and title will be MUPD 663 NYSSMA PDE: Summer Conference 2016.
Click here to register. Bring a copy of this form to the registration desk at the conference. All tuition checks should be made out to NYSSMA (New York State School Music Association). NYSSMA also accepts major credit cards.
To register for the conference, visit the conference registration page.
For additional information, send e-mail to Dr. Peter McCoy email@example.com.