Crane/NYSSMA Summer Conference PDE
As leaders in the advancement of music education, The Crane School of Music at SUNY Potsdam and the New York State School Music Association (NYSSMA) are proud to offer graduate credit through New York State Summer Music Conference session attendance. Through this joint initiative, practicing music educators can take advantage of a wide array of professional development experiences offered at the conference and receive one hour of graduate credit from The Crane School of Music at SUNY Potsdam.
The Crane/NYSSMA Professional Development Experience (PDE) is appropriate for serving many curricular and professional purposes. The Crane/NYSSMA PDE can be used:
- by newly practicing music educators seeking course work toward professional certification.
- for certified practicing music educators seeking career advancement on district salary schedules.
- for in-service credit for all practicing music educators in the public schools.
- for lifelong learning.
Graduate Credit May be Earned as Follows:
Music educators may enroll for one graduate credit by attending sessions at NYSSMC in Albany (August 11-13, 2013).
- Ten (10) contact hours of attendance at conference sessions is required.
- Students select the sessions they wish to attend from the conference program (excluding receptions and other similar social events).
- To verify attendance, students will submit a credit submission form on which they list the sessions attended with their signature attesting to their attendance.
- Each participant will submit a paper (5 typed, double-spaced pages) postmarked by September 30, 2012 that (1) briefly summarizes the content of the NYSSMC sessions attended and (2) describes how this content contributes to your professional development and informs your work as a music educator. Please mail completed papers to: Crane/NYSSMA PDE, Crane School of Music, 44 Pierrepont Ave., Potsdam, NY 13676.
Tuition is $370 for one credit hour. The course number and title is MUPD 659 NYSSMC: Summer 2012.
Please download and complete the registration form registration form and bring to the registration desk at the conference. All tuition checks should be made out to NYSSMA (New York State School Music Association). NYSSMA also accepts major credit cards.
To register for the conference, visit the conference registration page.