You are here
Crane/American Music Therapy Association PDE
The American Music Therapy Association and The Crane School of Music at the State University of New York at Potsdam are proud to announce a new program to earn graduate credit through AMTA conference participation. Through this joint initiative music therapists, music educators and others can take advantage of a wide array of professional development experiences offered by AMTA at its annual conference and receive up to two credit hours of graduate credit from The State University of New York at Potsdam.
The Crane/AMTA Professional Development Experience (PDE) is appropriate for serving many curricular and professional purposes and can be used by music therapists and others:
- seeking course work to meet board certification and re-certification criteria in accordance with the policies of the Certification Board for Music Therapists, Inc.,
- seeking career advancement on local salary schedules,
- for in-service learning credit, and
- for lifelong learning.
Graduate Credit May be Earned as Follows:
- Music therapists may enroll for one or two graduate credits by attending sessions at the AMTA annual conference.
- Ten (10) contact hours of attendance at AMTA conference sessions and professional meetings as appropriate are required per credit hour (limit of 2 credits).
- Students select the professional sessions they wish to attend from the conference program (excluding concerts, receptions and other similar social events).
- To verify attendance, students will submit a credit submission form on which they list the sessions attended with their signature attesting to their attendance.
- Each participant will submit a paper (typed, double-spaced, 4-5 pages for 1 credit and 8-10 pages for 2 credits) by December 31 that (a) summarizes the content of the AMTA sessions attended, and (b) describes how this content contributes to your professional development and informs your work as a music therapist.
Tuition for the 1-credit option is $477.10 (tuition and fees).
Tuition for the 2-credit option is $949.20 (tuition and fees).
The course number and title will be MUPD 688 Music Therapy Association PDE: 2015.
After successful completion of the course, students will be able to obtain a transcript from the State University of New York at Potsdam verifying their participation and grade.
Click here to register. Bring a copy of this form to the registration desk at the conference. All tuition checks should be made out to the American Music Therapy Association. AMTA also accepts VISA and MasterCard. The credit submission form (PDF) should be printed and submitted after the conference along with the paper to:
The Crane School of Music
Attn: Tracy Wanamaker, MT-BC
44 Pierrepont Avenue
Potsdam, NY 13676
For more information, please email Tracy Wanamaker.