The primary goal of the Business Administration Advisory Council is to ensure that the program is successful and relevant to the changing needs of business and industry. Specifically, the Council’s activities will include:
- Engaging students in professional development and academic activities
- Providing feedback on program goals and priorities
- Assisting students in organizing professional development activities
- Identifying internship opportunities for students
- Assisting the College in acquiring resources from individuals and corporations, which may include monetary contributions as well as donations of equipment and other assets.
- Providing opportunities for current students to interact with members of the business community.
- Identifying opportunities for guest lecturers or executives in residence
- Assisting with job placement of graduates
- Assisting in recruiting students to SUNY Potsdam
- Assisting in the development of an alumni survey to help us assess the program
The Council meets on campus once a year, in the spring. Their annual meeting is focused on conducting a job-seeking and mock interview session for our students, a program that was very well received when it was initiated in the fall of 2009. The Council members will also participate as judges for the Business Department’s annual case competition.
Advisory Council Members