You are here
The Department of Community Health at SUNY Potsdam encourages students to gain experiences in a practical, real-life working environment. As a result, all majors and minors are required to participate in an internship.
Community Health Majors complete a 12-credit, full-semester internship (HLTH 490: Internship). Students select two internship sites, spending seven weeks at each placement. Interns have worked with a variety of businesses and organizations, including:
- New York State Health Department (smoking cessation program)
- Cornell Cooperative Extension (nutrition education)
- Seaway Valley Substance Abuse Prevention Program (school-based drug education)
- Planned Parenthood (adolescent sexual health)
- Centers for Disease Control (disease prevention)
- St. Lawrence County Health Initiative (workplace wellness)
- Other sites throughout the United States and internationally.
Contact the Community Health Internship Coordinator at (315) 267-3132 for more information about our internship program.