What do employers of our graduates say?
Graduates of the Community Health Major at SUNY Potsdam are well prepared to plan and implement programs in public health, while having the broad educational background necessary to address many of the current health concerns of our region and nation.
Where have some of our graduates been employed?
- North Country AIDS Outreach - Peer Education Coordinator
- Planned Parenthood - Educator
- EJ Noble Hospital - Nutrition Educator
- Clarkson University - Fitness Room Director & Educator
- Alliance for Aging Research, Washington DC - Assistant for Health Programs and Policy
- Washington County Department of Public Health - Health Educator
- SUNY Potsdam - Community Health Internship Coordinator
- St. Lawrence County Health Initiative - Tobacco Cessation Educator; Access to Care Coordinator; Project Coordinator ; Nutrition Educator
- Catholic Charities - Drug Education Specialist
- Seaway Valley Prevention Council - Drug Prevention Specialist
- Cornell Cooperative Extension - Nutrition Educator
- Hospice of Essex County - Volunteer Coordinator
- Skidmore College - Campus Health Educator
- AIDS Institute at NYS Department of Health in Albany
- Citizens Against Violent Acts (CAVA) - Outreach Educator, Executive Director
- Rome Memorial Hospital - Community/Volunteer Coordinator
- ComLinks WEBC - Project Manager
- Many other agencies.
Where have some of our graduates gone to graduate school?
Our graduates pursue graduate study in a variety of fields, including public health, social work, nursing, nutrition and others. Community Health graduates have gone on to earn doctoral degrees in public health from
- Harvard School of Public Health
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Boston University School of Public Health
- Other institutions.