Eligible students are those who are:
- New York State residents;
- Individuals who have been historically underrepresented and underserved in the teaching professions—African American, Latino/Hispanic American, Native American or Alaskan Native or
- Individuals who are economically disadvantaged (in accordance with the criteria established in statute for the TOC program);
- A sophomore, junior or senior enrolled full-time in a registered undergraduate teacher education program leading to professional certification;
- Paraprofessional individuals such as a teacher aide or assistant, currently employed full-time and currently matriculated part-time in a teacher education program;
- A graduate student enrolled full-time or part-time in a registered graduate teacher education program that satisfies the academic requirements for permanent certification; and
- Eligible individuals who are achieving at minimum the following GPAs—sophomores—2.5; juniors and seniors—2.75; and graduate students—3.0.
For further information about TOC membership, please contact Kathy Hughes, TOC Director, at 481 VanHousen Extension, (315) 267-2508, or firstname.lastname@example.org.