Teaching in States Other Than New York

New York State has reciprocal teacher certification agreements with every state; however, each state has unique requirements.  To find out the requirements for specific states, please access the for each state Department of Education pages.

If you need to verify the completion of a SUNY Potsdam approved teacher preparation program for certification purposes in another state, please send a completed Out of State Verification Form (accessible on each individual State site) and a stamped envelope containing the address to which you would like the verification sent.  Send this to:

SUNY Potsdam
  Center for School Partnerships and Teacher Certification
  111 Satterlee Hall
  44 Pierrepont Avenue
  Potsdam, NY  13676

Phone: (315) 267-3450
  Fax: (315) 267-3327