You are here
In order for SUNY Potsdam to recommend you for your teaching certificate and in order for you to apply for fingerprinting and teaching certification, you must create a TEACH account with the New York State Education Department. Never create more than one TEACH account.
Your TEACH account will be with you throughout your entire teaching career.
It will allow you to:
- Apply for fingerprint clearance
- Apply for your certificate
- Check the status of your application(s)
- View and/or Update your profile information (address, name change, social security change, etc.)
- View and/or Update your certification record (evaluations and issued certificates)
- View and/or Update your professional development record
- Apply for a duplicate certificate
To create a TEACH Account:
- Go to http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/teach
- Click on ?Self-Register? create a Login Account
- Carefully read the ?TEACH Self Registration? overview page ? do not skip
- Carefully read the ?TEACH Self Registration TIPS? page ? do not skip
- The only parts of the form that you have to complete are those marked with a red asterisk. You may update your personal profile once you have created the account.
When you select your preferred user ID and password, make sure to select ones you will remember as this will be your permanent preferred user ID and password. The TEACH account you establish now is the one you will use your entire teaching career. Make Sure That You File These In a Safe Place!
Make sure you always login with the name you use to establish your account, for example if you create the account using ?Robert?, do not later login as ?Bob?.
When you are asked to select a password the first time, it must contain at least eight characters, one of which must be a number. Make sure to write it down.
- Once you have logged in, click on TEACH Online Services to reach the main menu.
If you are a Canadian student, enter your SIN when it asks for social security number. Do not fill in your Canadian address when you open the account as it will not accept your Postal Code. You should edit your address when you login again and use the international address option.