You are here
Student Teaching in Australia
The student teaching program in Australia is a 13 week program consisting of the following elements:
- A two week summer program in which you will take a specialized course designed to introduce you to the Australian education system and prepare you for your student teaching experience.
- An optional two week tour of Australia's tropical east coast and outback. During this trip, you will travel by bus with the other students on the program as you are led by your Australian Program Director. You will have the chance to swim in the Great Barrier Reef, be charmed by a small town population of 45 people in the Outback as you spend the night in the town's main building which serves as the local post office/pub/hotel, as well as enjoy many beaches, animal and nature preserves, geographic wonders, and other scenic and highly authentic destinations along the way.
- A nine week student teaching placement. This student teaching placement meets the requirements set by the New York State Education Department as well as by the State University of New York.
The Center for School Partnerships and Teacher Certification at SUNY Potsdam has partnered with the SUNY Cortland study abroad office, which administers the program for local SUNY participating schools. For more information, visit the SUNY Cortland Study Abroad website or contact:
Center for School Partnerships and Teacher Certification
112A Satterlee Hall
Potsdam, NY 13676
Phone: (315) 267-2539
Fax: (315) 267-3327
Photos & Testimonials
- Australia Student Teaching Photo Gallery
- Student Teaching in Australia 2013 Cohort YouTube Video