The purpose of TOC is:
TOC works closely with SUNY Potsdam’s School of Education and Professional Studies and the Teacher/Leader Quality Partnerships Program (TLQP), which supports education majors with field-based learning experiences in the Salmon River Central School District on the St. Regis Mohawk Akwesasne Reservation.
TOC serves full-time undergraduate/graduate students, or part-time graduate students completing the requirements for initial/provisional/permanent certification.
TOC provides enrichment activities and services for its members that include:
• financial support for review books for teacher licensing exam preparation;
• payment of the New York State Teacher Certification Examination fees;
• programs on successful methods/strategies to teach at-risk students;
• opportunities to attend educational conferences;
• resume and portfolio development;
• academic and personal counseling; and
• mentoring by master teachers during their first year of teaching.
For further information about TOC membership, please contact the TOC Director, Sisson Hall 119, (315) 267-2745 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.