Be part of a great tradition and join an alumni network of musicians who have achieved extraordinary success.
Thank you for your interest in The Crane School of Music and The State University of New York at Potsdam. We look forward to your application and audition. The following information is to assist you in completing the admissions process. If you have any questions,please look through the materials available via the links on this webpage. If the answer to your question is not here, please call the College and/or The Crane School at 1-877-POTSDAM (toll free). This number has an automated menu system that will allow you to contact both the College and the Crane admissions offices. Or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org (College) or email@example.com (Crane).
If you receive an error message (such as "The requested page cannot be accessed") please try another web browser.
2015-2016 Audition Dates
On Campus Auditions
Saturday, December 12, 2015 (registration for this audition day is now closed)
Saturday, February 6, 2016 (registration for this audition day is now closed)
Saturday, February 27, 2016 (deadline to register: February 15, 2016)
Off Campus Auditions
(Deadline to register: February 5, 2016)
Long Island –Herricks High School
Thursday, February 18, 2016
Friday, February 19, 2016
(no piano, no percussion, no harp either date)
Rochester – Hochstein School of Music
Friday, February 19, 2016
(no percussion, no harp)
Central Valley – Monroe/Woodbury High School
Saturday, February 20, 2016
(no piano, no percussion, no harp)
- Please schedule your audition no later than two weeks prior to the audition. We must close out registration at that point in order to schedule the audition day.
- If you need to cancel or change your audition date, please inform us as soon as possible as late cancellations and no-shows impact the auditioning faculty, Crane staff, and other auditioning students adversely.
- There is no cost for on-campus auditions. Off-campus auditions require payment of a $50 non-refundable registration fee. For vocal auditions, regardless of audition location, students can provide their own accompanist or Crane can provide one for $30. If any payment is required, it is made at the time of registration using the (secure) audition request form.
- All auditioning students will be considered for music scholarships regardless of when or where they audition.
- Percussion and harp students must audition on campus. Percussion students may also audition on Friday late afternoon/evening on the day before Spring audition days (February 5th or 26th). Students auditioning on Friday are required to return to Crane on Saturday for information sessions and a performance by the Percussion Ensemble, but will be done with all activities by noon on Saturday.
- Piano students must audition on campus or at the Rochester location.
- The Crane School does not pre-screen auditions.
- Audition results are mailed to students and typically arrive two to three weeks after the audition date.
- After completing your online registration, an Audition Confirmation email will be sent to you. Please use an email that you check regularly and that accepts emails sent from "@potsdam.edu" addresses, even when those messages are computer generated.
- For those who live outside of the Northeast United States and are unable to audition for us at one of the audition sites above, please see the "General Information" link for more about video auditions. Detailed information about video auditions can be found at the bottom of that webpage.
- We are not normally able to schedule auditions outside of the scheduled audition dates listed on this page.