Printer-friendly version

Paying for College

Paying Your Fees & Understanding Your Student Bill

The Office of Student Accounts, 4th floor Raymond Hall, (telephone 315-267-2137) is responsible for student account billing. The student account is a reflection of tuition, fees, room, board, Bear Express and all payments, including student financial aid. You can view your student account 24/7 by logging into BearPaws.

Student Accounts offers a semester Time Payment Plan, which includes a 50% down payment. The resulting two quarterly payments will be automatically billed to the student. Please contact the Student Accounts Office for specific information regarding payments and the student account.

Please note that while each student pays the same tuition at either the graduate or undergraduate level, students participating in initiative programs will be required to pay different fees and program costs from other students. This is especially true for students participating in the Master of Science in Education, General Professional Education, Korean Initiative Program. Please consult your program admission documents for further clarification.


The Humphrey and Jane Tonkin Scholarship is awarded to a matriculated international students who require financial support for travel either to or from his or her home country at any point during, immediately before, or immediately after his or her study at SUNY Potsdam. Please contact the International Education & Programs office for more information regarding this award.

The Foreign Student Scholarship is awarded to international students who meet the academic and financial criteria at the time of application. Please contact the International Education & Programs office for more information.

Finding On-Campus Employment

Student employment is categorized by three areas: federal work study, non-work study and summer employment. International students attending SUNY Potsdam on an F-1 student visa are permitted to seek out non-work study and summer positions only. Federal work study positions are reserved for domestic students who are receiving federal and state financial aid.

Positions are posted at the Student Employment web site and at various bulletin board locations on campus. The majority of positions begin in the Fall and run through the academic year. Summer employment can be limited.