You are here
Information for Faculty
Faculty members teaching online have reported not only a wonderful experience, but also noted an improvement of their face-to-face courses as a result. Delivering an Online course doesn't change the content, just the delivery methodology and interaction.
Watch for the Pedagogy & Technology of Online Learning seminar - offered every semester. This fully online seminar takes you systematically through the design and development phases of creating an online course in only eight weeks.
So, why would you consider teaching online? Some reasons to consider:
- Provides access to non-traditional students
- Opportunity to learn online pedagogy
- Can improve pedagogy in onsite (face-to-face) courses
- Opportunity to incorporate online resources into all of your courses
- Learn new, or update current, technology skills
- Opportunity to conduct educational research regarding teaching and learning
- Affords convenience, yet remains challenging and rewarding
If you're considering teaching online, please contact the Distance Learning Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org or see our link for Development Process.