You are here
Information for Faculty
Benefits of being part of a FIG:
For your students:
- Intensifies cooperation in a community of scholars
- Increases communication among faculty and students
- Promotes confidence in academic potential
- Facilitates transfer of skills from one course to another
- Increases participation and attendance in class
For you as instructor:
- Improves class discussions
- Increases morale and motivation
- Helps serve the very bright and those having difficulty
- Facilitates sharing of teaching ideas among colleagues
- For more information about Learning Communities, check out theResidential Learning Communities International Clearinghouseproject site. See also the Atlantic Conference on Learning Communities site.
Contact the Director of Learning Communities for funding opportunities.