The SUNY Potsdam Graduate Scholarship is designed to provide financial assistance upon admission to those high-achieving students intending to pursue their first graduate degree at SUNY Potsdam. This scholarship is available to entering matriculated graduate students applying for full-time summer, fall or spring admission (at least 9 credits). The successful applicant will receive the scholarship in equal installments in the first two semesters. The scholarship committee will consider cumulative undergraduate GPA and essay. NCAA Division III regulations prohibit the consideration of athletic ability, participation, leadership or performance in awarding scholarships.
Am I eligible?
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree at SUNY Potsdam with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75.
What do I need?
- A scholarship application for the year you are entering SUNY Potsdam is required.
- You must be accepted to SUNY Potsdam as a matriculated graduate student, with plans to enroll full time for the following summer, fall or spring semester.
What about the scholarship application?
- Download/Print the scholarship application (PDF format) and submit it to our office.
- Submit the application online. If your answers do not fit in the application's fields, you may edit your text or submit a paper application.
When is the scholarship application due?
- Your completed application must be on file with us by April 1 for the summer semester, July 1 for the fall semester, and December 1 for the spring semester. Applications completed after this date will be reviewed if funding allows. It is the student's responsibility to check if the application is complete.
Scholarships may be affected by the estimated cost of attendance and by other sources of aid received.