Look on our scholarship page for the link to the FTC Scholarship Scam Site for more information. Further information is available at the Financial Aid Office or at the links provided:
- Abbott & Fenner Scholarship: For any student, aged 16 to 30. Amount: $1000. Deadline: Mid June.
- AES Engineering Scholarship: $500 scholarship for a deserving student. Deadline: October.
- AICPA John L. Carey Scholarship: For liberal arts and other non-business
degree holders pursuing a graduate degree in accounting. Deadline: April.
- Air & Waste Management Association Scholarship, CNY Chapter:
For a graduating high school student entering college in fall 2011, or current college student majoring in science or environmental-related degree track (full-time). Must be residents of Jefferson, Lewis, Herkimer, Oneida, Oswego, Cayuga, Onondaga, Madison, Otsego, Chenango, Cortland, Tompkins, Tioga, Broome or Delaware County. Up to $2000 annually. Deadline: February.
- AISES Google Scholarship: For a member of an America Indian Tribe, Alaska Native or Native Hawaiian, or at least 1/4 American Indian or Alaska Native blood, majoring in Computer Science.
- Army Emergency Relief Scholarship: To assist children of Soldiers in obtaining a 4 year undergraduate degree. Children of Soldiers on active duty, children of retired Soldiers, or children of Soldiers who died while on active duty or in a retired status are eligible. Deadline: May.
- Army ROTC Scholarships: Whether you’re a college-bound high school student or already attending a college or university, Army ROTC has scholarships available. Scholarships are awarded based on a student’s merit and grades, not financial need. See website for deadlines and more information.
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship for Study Abroad: This scholarship provides awards for U.S. undergraduate students who are receiving federal Pell Grant funding at a 2-year or 4-year college or university to participate in study abroad programs worldwide. Students who apply for and receive the Gilman Scholarship to study abroad are now eligible to receive an additional $3,000 Critical Need Language Supplement from the Gilman Program for a total possible award of up to $8,000. Deadline: Early March for fall study and early October for spring study.
- BigSun Scholarship: For athletes in any sport. Amount: $500. Deadline: June.
- BPW/NYS Grace LeGendre Fellowships: For NYS women residents who are US citizens with a Bachelor's degree, who are currently enrolled in graduate studies. Must show scholastic ability and financial need. Deadline: February.
- Fort Drum Officers' Spouses' Club Scholarship: For spouses and children of active duty, reserve or retired active duty military (officer or enlisted). Applicants or their sponsor must live in the Fort Drum
area. Deadline: March.
- Gates Millenium Scholars: For first time students, who are Pell eligible and demonstrated leadership. Deadline: January.
- HESC Grants and Scholarship Quick Reference: Quick reference of grants and scholarships available through New York state and the Federal government.
- HESC NYS Math and Science Teaching Incentive Program: New York State Math & Science Teaching Incentive program awards are being offered to increase the number of secondary school educators in the mathematics and science fields. This program provides awards to students attending school at the undergraduate and/or graduate degree level in exchange for five years of full-time employment as secondary education math and science teachers.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund: Various scholarships.
- Komen College Scholarship Program: $10,000 annual renewable scholarship for undergraduate students who have lost a parent to breast cancel, or were diagnosed themselves before age 25 with breast cancer. For more information, see the Susan G. Komen website. Deadline: October.
- Krell Institute Graduate Fellowship: For students pursuing a PhD in High Energy Density Physics, Low Energy Nuclear Science or Properties of Materials Under Extreme Conditions and Hydrodynamics. Deadline: January.
- LatPro Scholarship Funds: Scholarship program for Hispanic students awarding 3 prizes annually. Deadlines in December, April and August.
- Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation: For children of active duty or Reserve U.S. Marine.
- Math for America fellowships: Interested in teaching secondary math in New York City, San Diego or Los Angeles? Obtain a Master's of Education in New York City with a $90,000 stipend over 5 years. Fellows commit to a five-year program that includes one year of full-time graduate study and four years of teaching mathematics in New York City secondary schools.
- Military Officers Association of America Scholarship and Grants: Applicant must plan to attend college full-time; requirements vary depending on the program. Deadline: March.
- NYSTAA Transfer scholarship: For graduates of a New York State two-year member college who is transferring to a New York State four-year member institution. Deadline: March.
- Price Chopper's Golub Foundation: For entering freshmen, transfer students and graduate students. Deadline: January.
- Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarships: The purpose of the Ambassadorial Scholarships program is to further international understanding and friendly relations among people of different countries. The program sponsors several types of scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students as well as for qualified professionals pursuing vocational studies. While abroad, scholars serve as ambassadors of goodwill to the people of the host country and give presentations about their homelands to Rotary clubs and other groups. Upon returning home, scholars share with Rotarians and others the experiences that led to greater understanding of their host countries. Deadline varies.
- Rotary Purple Heart Scholarship: Available for residents of Jefferson, Lewis or St. Lawrence County who were awarded the Purple Heart, or their dependents (spouse or child). Applicants may be in any year of full-time undergraduate study. Applications are available at the Northern New York Community Foundation’s web site, www.nnycf.org, high school guidance offices, or the Foundation office. Applications accepted throughout the year until all funds available for the academic year are awarded. Information: NNYCF office, 782-7110, or www.nnycf.org.
- Syracuse Builders Exchange Scholarship Fund: For employees or children of employees of an SBE member.
- Talbots Scholarship Foundation: For non-traditional women students. Deadline: January.
- ThanksUSA Scholarship: For dependent children or spouses of U.S. military service personnel planning to attend or already attending college. Deadline: Mid May.
- UUP Scholarships: For SUNY students and/or for dependents of UUP members.
- Viral Video Scholarship Contest:
For film students or video production enthusiasts who create the best viral videos promoting safe driving. Deadline: March.
- Zonta Women in Business Scholarships: For undergraduate women entering their third or fourth year of a business related degree. Amount: $5000.