Requesting the TEACH grant/loan:
You can request the TEACH grant or loan by either :
(1) indicating it on your FAFSA form or
(2) by writing a letter of request to the Financial Aid Office (3rd Floor, Raymond Hall)
- Maximum award is $4,000 per academic year.
- Aggregate maximum is $16,000 for undergraduate and graduate study, only $8,000 of which may be for graduate study.
- The TEACH Grant/Loan may be prorated if the student is not full-time (12 or more credit hours).
- Total financial aid must not exceed the student's cost of attendance.
The TEACH award offer originates from an estimated federal grant funding amount. Therefore, it is important that applicants are aware that “[t]he US Department of Education is providing ongoing guidance to assist us in identifying eligible students. HOWEVER, FINAL REGULATIONS HAVE NOT YET BEEN RELEASED. AWARDS MAY CHANGE AND RESULT IN FUTURE ADJUSTMENTS TO YOUR AID PACKAGE. The Financial Aid Office will re-evaluate your award status as new guidance and final regulations are released, and will notify you if your eligibility changes.”
If you have any questions regarding this information, contact the Financial Aid Office.