- Students must be enrolled in an eligible degree program or major (see specifications below under "Eligible Majors").
- Student must have a cumulative average of at least 3.25 on a 4.0 scale for each payment period.
- Or student must have scored above the 75th percentile on at least one of the batteries from a nationally-normed standardized undergraduate, graduate, or post-baccalaureate admissions test.
- A student MAY NOT use a placement test score for submission.
- Along with these requirements, students must also fulfill Service Requirements to maintain their grant or loan.
- Not all degree programs qualify.
- Review the TEACH eligible majors/degree programs (PDF) to verify your eligibility.
- Students must be currently completing coursework necessary to begin a career in teaching; or plan on completing coursework necessary to begin a career in teaching.
- Eligibility for the TEACH Grant/Loan does not guarantee that the student will be able to fulfill all of the Service Requirements of the TEACH Program.