Freshmen and Transfer Scholarships
SUNY Potsdam FIRST Scholarship
high school seniors who have participated on a FIRST team during
their high school career. This scholarship may be utilized for any
undergraduate course of study at SUNY Potsdam. The scholarship is
renewable up to a total of $4,000 over four years, contingent upon
maintaining a 3.25 cumulative GPA. Each recipient must meet the
regular academic requirements for admission to the College.
Application Deadline: February 15.
- To be eligible you must:
* Be a senior in high school
* Have participated on a FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) team,
and/or a FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) team.
* Apply and be admitted to SUNY Potsdam as a full time student for
the fall. (You do not need to have already been admitted at the
time you apply for this scholarship
* Have a combined SAT score of at least 1100 or ACT score of at
least 23 or a GPA of at least 90 (on a scale of 100).
SUNY Potsdam Alumni Scholarships
- For students whose parent or grandparent graduated from SUNY Potsdam. For more information, please check the scholarship information on the SUNY Potsdam Alumni Association Website.
CS-LEAP Scholarship Program
- For entering transfer students from a SUNY or CUNY community college into the Computer Science major at SUNY Potsdam. For more information, please check the scholarship information on the SUNY Potsdam CS-LEAP Website.
SUNY Empire State Diversity Honors Scholarships
- For students from a broad range of backgrounds who will contribute to the diversity of the student body. Participants must have demonstrated high academic achievement, and have overcome a disadvantage or other impediment to success. Students may use economic, racial, ethnic and other disadvantage to be considered. Students must submit information to SUNY Potsdam by May 1 to be considered for the scholarship, by declaring a racial or ethnic category on their admissions application, by filing a FAFSA, or by submitting other appropriate documentation to Financial Aid.