You are here
Transfer Scholars Program for New York State Residents & International Students
The SUNY Potsdam Transfer Scholars Program is designed to provide support to our high achieving students. This program is for accepted transfer students entering for full-time fall and spring semester admission. The value of each award begins at $1000 annually. It is renewable for one subsequent year by maintaining a minimum of a 3.25 cumulative GPA.
The selection committee will consider the student?s academic record, GPA, TOEFL scores (for international students), essay, and a history of participation and leadership in extracurricular activities and community service. NCAA Division III regulations prohibit the consideration of athletic ability, athletic participation, athletic leadership or athletic performance in awarding scholarships.
Am I eligible?
- Transfer applicants must have a minimum prior college GPA of 3.25 (on a 4.0 scale).
What do I need?
- You must be accepted to SUNY Potsdam as a matriculated undergraduate student, with plans to enroll full time.
- A scholarship application (see link below).
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for the year you are entering SUNY Potsdam.
Please Note: International students do not submit the FAFSA.
What about the application?
- Submit your application online. If your answers do not fit in the application fields, submit a paper application (below).
Download/Print the scholarship application (PDF format) and submit it to our office.
What about the FAFSA?
- You can file your FAFSA any time after January 1 for the following school year. Just go to www.fafsa.ed.gov and follow the directions. Your scholarship application will not be complete without your FAFSA!
- Reminder, international students do not submit the FAFSA
When is the application due?
- The preferred deadline for your completed application to be on file with us is May 1 for the fall semester or January 1 for the spring semester. Applications after this date will be reviewed if funding allows.
- FAFSA applications can arrive later; however, your award will not be calculated until we receive that data.
- It is the student's responsibility to check if the application is complete.
Individual scholarship and financial assistance amounts may not exceed total cost of attendance for any student.