- Evidence of an earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university;
- Submission of the Graduate Application;
- Submission of a typed Letter of Intent written by the applicant and expressing the applicant’s professional goals as relevant to the program for which application is made;
- Submission of official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, even if a degree was not earned. Official transcripts involve no student intervention and are forwarded directly from the Registrar’s Office of the institution to the Center for Graduate Studies. Transcripts submitted in an admissions package will only be considered “official” if they are received in a sealed envelope bearing the signature of the Registrar across the seal. Canadian students who have attended high school in Ontario should also forward an official high school transcript;
- Submission of a non-refundable $50 (U.S. funds) application processing fee;
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average as indicated within each specific program of study – refer to the individual programs.
Additional Admission Information
- Specific programs may require additional materials such as letters of recommendation, submission of proof of current teaching certification consistent with that of the proposed graduate study, or other requirements. Applicants should refer to the degree program pages for additional Admission Requirements within the specific program of study.
- Applicants seeking admission to graduate programs in music should refer to The Crane School of Music admissions requirements.
- Canadian and other international students must provide: certification of finances, and for non-native English speaking candidates a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), 80 (internet-based), or a minimum IELTS score of 6.0