M.A. English & Communication
As an advanced program of study, the focuses of this degree are on human symbolic artifacts and interactions within literature, writing, rhetoric and communication.
Our M.A. candidates pursue the degree for a variety of reasons:
- to continue their academic interests within the field
- to enhance their professional career
- Personalized Attention: Individual advising, carefully selected classes, program construction and a commitment to the student are central to the program.
- Professional/Academic Achievement: Together with your adviser, you'll create an academic program to pursue that will render an advanced academic foundation and culminate into a thesis project.
- Unique Program Design: Both the coursework and the thesis project allow for breadth and depth of experience in areas that cross traditional disciplinary boundaries and allow for intellectual synthesis of various fields.
- Flexible Course Scheduling: We welcome part-time students and most classes are scheduled in the evening to accommodate those with daytime employment.