As an advanced program of study, the focuses of this degree are on human symbolic artifacts and interactions within literature, writing, rhetoric and communication.
Our M.A. candidates pursue the degree for a variety of reasons:
- to continue their academic interests within the field
- to enhance their professional career
- Personalized Attention: Individual advising, carefully selected classes, program construction and a commitment to the student are central to the program.
- Professional/Academic Achievement: Together with your adviser, you'll create an academic program to pursue that will render an advanced academic foundation and culminate into a thesis project.
- Unique Program Design: Both the coursework and the thesis project allow for breadth and depth of experience in areas that cross traditional disciplinary boundaries and allow for intellectual synthesis of various fields.
- Flexible Course Scheduling: We welcome part-time students and most classes are scheduled in the evening to accommodate those with daytime employment.