International transfer student applicants must minimally have a 2.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) and 12 completed semester hours from an accredited institution to be considered for transfer admission.
Requirements For All Applicants
- Application: Submit the SUNY Common Application, supporting materials, and $50 USD processing fee directly to the Application Services Center. The address is The State University of New York, Application Services Center, P.O. Box 22007, Albany, New York 12201-2007. Check or money order must be made payable to SUNY ASC.
- College Transcripts: Transfer applicants must arrange to have official transcripts from all colleges previously attended forwarded directly to our Office of Admissions from the issuing institution.
- Letter of Intent/Personal Essay: The letter or essay must express your educational goals and objectives.
- Financial Statement: Transfer applicants must provide verification that you or a sponsor has access to a funding for the first year of study. Please visit the Estimated Costs link for funding requirements. We require that you send an official statement from your bank with the dollar amount indicated. This statement is required to obtain an I-20.
- A copy of the biography page of your passport. This is the page that includes complete legal name, country of citizenship and photograph.
Requirements for Non-Native English Speaking Applicants
- English Proficiency Report: Non-native English speaking applicants must submit an official statement to the Office of Admissions completed by a director of courses in English (or duly designated representative) of a bi-national center or a professor or instructor of English at a school or university.
- International Student Language and Testing Results: If English is not your native language SUNY Potsdam requires you to submit the results of the IELTS, TOEFL or EIKEN. Scores must be submitted directly from the issuing agency to the Admissions Office. Please visit International Student Language and Testing Results for more information.
- SAT or ACT Scores: SAT or ACT scores are preferred but not required of international transfer applicants.
- High School Transcript: Transfer applicants with fewer than 24 completed semester hours must also submit an official high school transcript.
- Forms for International Students: Many of the requirements listed above have forms to aid in their completion. These forms can be found at www.suny.edu/student/forms.cfm.
- All transcripts submitted to SUNY Potsdam must be in English. Transcripts can be translated by World Education Services (WES).