You are here
Chapter Volunteer Responsibilities
As a member of a Chapter Committee, the volunteer agrees to:
- Work with the Alumni Relations Office and other volunteers to generate event ideas and choose dates for these events.
- Meet with other volunteers in the area to make plans for the coming year.
- Assist in the coordination of logistics for each event (venue research, availability, etc.).
- Serve as a resource/host at local College events.
- Promote local events and increase event attendance through phone calls and e-mails to local alumni.
- Encourage networking among local Potsdam alumni.
- Provide feedback to the Alumni Relations Office regarding additional means of engagement for local alumni.
The Alumni Relations Office will provide the following:
- Provide staff liaison to each Alumni Chapter Committee
- Assistance in making final arrangements for events (contract, payment, etc.).
- Event invitation printed and mailed 5-6 weeks prior to the event.
- Online registration and further event information.
- Event supplies (name tags, Potsdam banner, sign in sheets, giveaways, College materials, etc.).
- List of alumni in the chapter with contact information for the purposes of facilitating alumni networking.
- Recognize the limits of your time resources as a volunteer, to respect those limits, and to do its best to make the best and most productive use of your donated time.
What is a successful chapter?
- Active participation and increased attendance at alumni events.
- Engaged committee members with each other and the College.
- Ongoing, regular communication between regional alumni.
Want to get involved?
If you would like to help, contact email@example.com or call (315) 267-2170 to get started!