Please note: CTS can only assist in the configuration of your Droid/Android OS if it has been funded in part with a stipend from SUNY
CTS recommends the K9 Mail client for use with your device. It is the email client that CTS configures by default and is the most compatible with our email system. Follow the instructions below for downloading and configuring the K9 Mail client.
- Click the Applications tab at the bottom of your screen and select Market.
- Click on the Magnifying Class icon in the upper right.
- Type K9 in the search box and click the Magnifying Glass icon to search.
- Click on K9 Mail and install it.
- It will take a few minutes to download the new e-mail client. When it finishes, open the application list and select K9 Mail.
- Enter your CCA information.
A. Enter your Potsdam e-mail address in full (include @.potsdam.edu)
B. Enter your password. Click Next.
- Enter the incoming server settings.
A. Enter your username e.g. joejd
B. Enter your password.
C. Enter imap.potsdam.edu
D. Choose SSL (always)
E. Choose PLAIN
- Click Accept Key to accept the certificate.
- Enter the outgoing server settings.
A. Enter smtp.potsdam.edu
B. Select SSL (always)
C. Enter 465
D. Check Require sign-in.
E. Select PLAIN
F. Enter your username e.g. joejd
G. Enter your password
- Leave these settings as is. Click Next.
- Almost done!
A. Enter a name for your account e.g. Potsdam
B. Enter your full name.