You are here
LDAP Address Lookup (Thunderbird)
Computers connected to the SUNY Potsdam Administrative Network can link their email Address Book to the campus directory to look up and add email addresses when composing email.
This service is available only to computers on campus and connected to our network. Computers in the Residence Halls are connected to Time Warner's network and cannot take advantage of this service.
- From within your Thunderbird Address Book, from the File menu choose New and then LDAP Directory...
- Fill in the fields exactly as shown below, then click OK.
- Once completed, your Thunderbird Address Book should look similar to the below picture. You're ready to start using it!
Auto-Filling Addresses in the Compose Window
You can use the LDAP lookup "live" while typing in the To: Cc: and Bcc: fields when composing emails. To enable this feature:
- From the Thunderbird Tools menu, choose Options...
- Click the Composition icon.
- Click the Addressing tab.
- Click the box next to Directory Server: and choose SUNY Potsdam LDAP.
- Click OK.