Our web-based email, BearMail, has the ability for you to set up a filter specifically for vacations or for other events where you will be unable to respond to your email for long periods of time. This filter, once set up, works whether you use BearMail as your primary email client or not.
- Log into BearMail and at the top of the page click Filters. Then click .
- In the Condition box, change the second drop-down field to All.
- In the Action box click Vacation / Autoresponder. You may now enter the Subject, Your Address should already be your potsdam.edu account, the duration (Days) between sending your vacation email to addresses, and a custom Message.
- If you use BearMail as your primary email interface and you already have rules in place, set your vacation message as the first (top) rule. If you want your existing rules to continue to function do not click STOP in the Additional Actions box.
- Click the Add New Rule button and your vacation message will start working right away.
Important! When you return, remember to log into BearMail and at the top of the page click Filters and then delete your vacation rule!