Users may connect to Helios via AppleShare IP with OS X on or off campus using the follow procedure. If you are on a lab computer, there will be a shortcut to Helios already on the desktop.
- At the Finder, go to the "Go" item in the menu bar and choose "Connect to Server..." and the following dialog box will appear.
- In the Server Address field type: helios.potsdam.edu
- Optionally click the + sign across from where you just typed. Doing so will add the server to your Favorite Server list so that next time you need only double-click helios.potsdam.edu to connect.
- Click Connect and the following dialog box will appear:
- Enter your CCA information and click Connect.
- A list of shared directories you have access to will appear.
- Select the one you wish to work with (or Shift+click for multiple items) and click OK.
- You server share(s) will appear on your Desktop.