On campus users may connect to Helios using Windows File Sharing. Using the Run menu is a quicker and easier way than browsing the network for Helios.null
- Windows XP: Click the START menu and choose Run... the following dialog box appears
- Windows Vista/7: Click the START menu and choose All Programs, then Accessories, and then Run... the following dialog box appears
- In the Open: field type \\helios and click OK.
- A window will open containing a folder with your CCA name. Now would be a good time to make a shortcut of that on your desktop to quickly get into your Helios directory next time.
- when using VPN to connect to windows servers you may need to append the full Domain Name to the server path. In our example, \\helios would be entered as \\helios.potsdam.edu
- when using Windows Vista, if it rejects your username, you may have to enter it with the DOMAIN name included. Example: POTSDAM\yourcca