You are here
Connecting to Helios3 with OS X
- At the Finder, go to the "Go" item in the menu bar at the top of your screen and choose "Connect to Server..." and the following dialog box will appear.
- In the Server Address field type the server you want to connect to, in our example that is: smb://helios3.potsdam.edu - it is very important to include the smb:// because this tells OS X that it's a Windows Server.
- Optionally, but recommended: click the + sign across from where you just typed. Doing so will add the server to your Favorite Server list so that next time you need only double-click smb://helios.potsdam.edu to connect.
- Click Connect and the following dialog box will appear. (Note, if you are on a personally owned computer you will be prompted to enter your campus Username and Password for the server first.)
- Select the shares volume and then click OK. The server will then appear on your desktop.
- Inside the shares icon on your desktop will be all of the Helios3 shares that you currently have access to.