You are here
Connecting to Helios with OS X
- At the Finder, go to the "Go" item in the menu bar at the top of your screen and choose "Connect to Server..." and the following dialog box will appear.
- In the Server Address field type the server you want to connect to, in our example that is: smb://helios.potsdam.edu - it is very important to include the smb:// because this tells OS X that it's a Windows Server.
- Optionally click the + sign across from where you just typed. Doing so will add the server to your Favorite Server list so that next time you need only double-click smb://helios.potsdam.edu to connect.
- Click Connect and the following dialog box will appear:
- Enter your Username and Password for the server.
- Select the file share volume you wish to use and then click OK. The server will then appear on your desktop.