You are here
Bear Bus Travel
Bear Bus Travel
Making your travel plans home for a break doesn't have to be complicated!
Bear Bus reservations and tickets are available in Sisson 128 - the Bear Bus Office. Tickets are no longer sold online.
Carefully read and follow the directions below.
- Credit or Debit cards can be processed at the time of purchase in the Bear Bus office. A ticket will be issued at the time of payment and must be presented to board the bus at both departure and return boarding.
- Refunds will only be processed if you cancel TWO (2) or more weeks prior to the departure date with a $40 cancellation fee. No Refunds Will Be Granted Within TWO (2) Weeks Of Your Departure.
- Tickets are only transferable if you - and the person you are transferring the ticket to- come to the office together ONE WEEK or more prior to the departure date and with a $20.00 transfer fee. The person receiving the transferred ticket pays the transfer fee to the Bear Bus office. We will not refund the original purchaser of the ticket cash or card. The person receiving the transfer ticket MUST reimburse the person who transferred the ticket to them. No Transfers will be granted within ONE week of your departure.
- Students who are dismissed from SUNY Potsdam between semesters will NOT be allowed to return to SUNY Potsdam on the Bear Bus.
- Each rider is allowed one ONE checked back and ONE carry-on.
- Reasonably-sized purses and backpacks are not counted as carry-ons but must be able to fit on the rider's lap for the duration of the trip.
- Due to space constraints, checked luggage MAY NOT exceed 62 inches (length + width + height) and weigh NO MORE than 75 pounds.
- All bags must be tagged with rider's name and phone number.
- Students who arrive with additional bags or bags that exceed the size limits will not be allowed to stow bags or board the bus until they are able to meet the above requirements. Failure to adhere to baggage rules may result in cancellation of your ticket.
- Plastic totes, open crates, and trunks are not allowed on the bus.
- Bear bus is not responsible for luggage damaged during the trip.
Please note, if you leave any items on the bus, it will be up to YOU, the rider, to contact the bus company to retrieve item.
Contact McCarney Tours if you have any questions, concerns, issues regarding your trip:
Toll Free: (800) 366-8641
Office: (631) 929-4950
Contact Trailways at www.wanderu.com.
Weekly Bear Bus Ticket Sales
Monday- Friday: 9 a.m. - Noon & 1 - 4 p.m.
Phone: (315) 267-2375