You are here
Early Admissions to Undergraduate Programs
SUNY Potsdam will offer early admission to exceptionally qualified high school juniors and seniors.
- Students applying for early admission must possess a "B" average or above in their course work and test scores indicating strong potential for college-level work.
- They should have 14 or more academic units from high school in the areas of social studies, English, foreign language, science and mathematics.
- In addition, applicants for early admission must demonstrate the necessary maturity to adjust to college life.
- This is accomplished through submission of at least two letters of recommendation (including one from the high school principal or school counselor and one from a teacher of an academic subject).
- The high school principal or school counselor must also send a letter approving any course work taken at SUNY Potsdam.
- Early admission candidates seeking federal financial aid will need to have a letter signed by the high school principal stating that course work will not be counted toward the high school diploma.
Note: This is not an Early Decision or Early Action Policy. Please contact the Admissions Office at (315) 267-2180 for more information.