You are here
The CCI Award program is delayed until the new CCI Director is hired, so that the Director can work with the CCI Board to review the criteria and revise the process. Please check back for future updates.
Do you know someone who has made a significant and positive impact on their colleagues to promote active learning and teaching excellence at SUNY Potsdam?
If so, we invite you to nominate him or her for the 2015-2016 CCI Award For Excellence. This $500 award is intended to recognize impact in the advancement of learning for the campus community beyond outstanding teaching or disciplinary research.
Most SUNY Potsdam employees are eligible to be nominated. (Members of the CCI Advisory Board and anyone that has received this award in the past five years are not eligible.) The award is for a faculty or staff member who has made a significant and positive impact on his or her colleagues and has gone beyond normal responsibilities to advance active learning and innovative teaching on SUNY Potsdam's campus.
Examples of contributions to advancing learning and teaching might include (but are not limited to):
- Mentoring colleagues
- Creating new opportunities to advance teaching
- Presenting CCI or campus workshops or seminars
- Sharing innovative instructional approaches or collaborations
- Promoting interdisciplinary approaches to teaching
- Designing curricular innovations
- Contributing to the scholarship of learning and teaching
To submit a nomination:
All nominations should be sent via email to the firstname.lastname@example.org and should contain the following:
- A letter of nomination describing the nominee's impact on his/her colleagues in promoting active learning and teaching excellence on the SUNY-Potsdam campus (above and beyond the nominee's normal responsibilities), and
- At least one additional letter of support (at least one of which must be from a SUNY Potsdam employee)
All nominations and letters of support must be received by Thursday March 5th, 2015.
Note: please submit nominations and letters of support as separate electronic attachments (.pdf documents are preferred) within a single e-mail. Please indicate the name of the nominee in the title of each file. For example, e-mail nominating George Washington might contain the following attachments: GeorgeWashington-Nomination.pdf, GeorgeWashington-Letter1.pdf and GeorgeWashington-Letter2.pdf.
After receiving nominations, the CCI board will request supporting evidence (such as a c.v.) from the nominees and, as needed, other pertinent campus sources. In years where there are either no nominations or the contributions of those nominated do not meet the award's standards, the CCI Board may choose not to present the award.
Previous Award recipients: