Why I Give (Testimonials)
Learn Why Campus Annual Giving Group Members Give to SUNY Potsdam
- Gena Nelson: "Even though I'm not an alumna, this campus has been my home for 14 years. I have been welcomed and encouraged as I continue to grow and find my place. Potsdam has taken care of me more than my own alma mater, and I give to show my appreciation to the College."
- Tanya Hewitt: "Each piece of the Potsdam experience contributes to the development of the student as an individual and future professional. ...My family and I spend a large portion of our time on campus. We are so touched by our co-workers and continually impressed with the positive impact our students have on the Potsdam community. It seems a natural response to offer support in return."
- "Why I Give," a haiku by Don Straight:
Giving keeps Potsdam
available for others
as it was for me.
- Arlene Stillwell: “I donate to the Psychology Department because it directly benefits my students and my colleagues."
- Jan Trybula: “Frequently I meet students whose families are struggling. Being a first-generation college student myself, I am so grateful for all the opportunities that I had as a student and I want to give back.”
- Mark Misiak: "I feel compelled to give back to a place that has given me so much. The experiences I've had here and the friendships I've made are things that I cherish very much. My contribution is just my way of saying 'thanks.'"
- Viki Levitt: "I'm happy to participate in Team Challenge every year, but especially now, because I know that my contribution helps to support campus programs and services that enhance our students' educational experiences through such things as conference travel or program support that might be greatly reduced during a budget crunch. Plus, I want to be on the winning team this year!"