You are here
Find External Funding
Sources of Funding
- SPIN (Sponsored Programs Information Network) is a search engine that SUNY Potsdam subscribes to. It contains both public and private sources of funding for scholarships, projects, programs. While on campus you do not need a logon or password but using it away from campus you will have to register. Contact the RSPO on how to do so.
- Grants.gov is a repository for federal grant opportunities. It is a searchable by agency, category, or Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance number (CFDA).
- The Federal Business Opportunities (FedBizOpps) is another easily searchable source for federal grants and contracts.
- Grants Advisor Plus (tga zebra)
- Fundsnet is a directory of 700+ non-government funding sources and fund raising information broken down into usable categories. 3/14/18
Grants by Subject
- Art A-Z grants links to funding sources, programs, scholarships, and more.
- Grant Resources for Individuals: Arts contains a list of resources for individuals researching grants in the arts. Also contains links to resources for grants in other disciplines.
- National Endowment for the Arts: Grants contains information to apply for a grant, manage your reward, and listings of recent grants by category, location, and discipline.
- New Music USA contains a list of available music related grants, as well as advice for applicants and a link to request more information.
- New York State Council for the Arts makes over 2500 grants to arts organizations throughout New York State. Information about current funding opportunities and past grants is provided.
- Education World: The Grants Center provides information on current education grants, grant sources, and grant writing tips and resources.
- Fundraising for Educators provides nformation for elementary and secondary school administrators and teachers looking for information on foundations, fundraising, proposal writing, etc.
- U.S. Department of Education provides information on grants, contracts, application forms and deadlines.
Health & Science
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) funds the medical research of scientists at universities, hospitals, medical schools and research institutions in the U.S. and abroad. The site includes information about ongoing grant programs, special initiatives, application instructions, forms for grant programs, fellowships, research projects and career development awards.
- National Science Foundation is an independent U.S. government agency that invests over $3.3 billion per year in science and engineering research through grants, contracts and cooperative agreements. The site includes information on grants and awards and online application forms and deadlines.
- SAMHSA Grants Opportunities - The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), the Federal agency responsible for improving rehabilitative services for substance abuse and mental illness, issues grants to state and local governments, treatment centers, nonprofit organizations, and others to achieve its mandate. The site lists current and ongoing grant opportunities, assistance with grant applications, and information on technical assistance workshops.
Social Science and Humanities
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) funds projects and programs that preserve and study our cultural heritage. Its site includes grant application guidelines and deadlines, new funding announcements, a directory of State Humanities Councils, and a list of NEH-supported projects.
State of New York
- NYS Grants Gateway is a one stop shop for locating grant opportunities from state agencies.
- Grant Action News displays monthly newsletters from the NYS Assembly outlining all the grants available throughout state agencies.
- New York State Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation - The OPRHP provides information on state grants pertaining to the environment and that encourage preservation, improvement, restoration, and rehabilitation.
- New York State Department of Health provides information on state and federal funding opportunities via an active list of requests for applications (RFA) and etc.
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation lists grants available to non-for-profits and etc.
- GrantSpace - The Foundation Center offers short courses on grant writing through its webpage.
- Library Spot provides varied information on grant writing and also links to funding sources.
- Conservationbytes gives twenty tips for writing a research proposal.
- Grants, proposals, fundraising is a list of web resources for writing grants, raising money, grant review process and much more.