Guidelines & Procedures
Guidelines for use of the LTEC space
- As Crumb 107 is a shared space, Library classes have priority in the classroom (107A). Effort must be made to schedule LTEC programming within the college’s class template in order to minimize conflict with library needs for the space for Information Literacy classes.
- All events must be (co-)sponsored by either the LTEC or the Library and further the LTEC Mission
- Workshops, Demonstrations, Panel Discussions, Receptions, and similar events must be open to all members of the campus community, but may be publicized to a focused group
- Retreats for specific groups of faculty or staff must be for the purposes of professional development
- Meetings of the LTEC Advisory Board, its committees, or Library groups may be scheduled in the LTEC but have lowest priority
Examples of appropriate use:
- Instructional Technology workshops (Blackboard, GIS)
- Receptions (Learning Communities, Teaching Circles, New Faculty)
- Pedagogical Workshops (critical thinking, active learning)
- Panel discussions (writing across the curriculum, book discussions)
- Instructional Technology Fair
- Retreats for the purposes of professional development
Examples of inappropriate use:
- Meetings, such as department meetings
- Alternate Classroom space
- Alternate Smart classroom space (i.e. student presentations from a course)
- Events which do not support the LTEC mission
Procedures for requesting the use of the LTEC
- A minimum of 3 weeks notice should be given.
- Requests must be in writing, preferably through the LTEC event request form, and include the following information:
- Contact person – Name, department/office, e-mail address and campus phone
- Date and time desired*
- Event title and description- these may be revised before the event is publicized
- Room needs – will the event use the outer room, the smart classroom, or both spaces?
- Equipment needs – will the event require an overhead projector, portable laptop, portable computer projector?
* Be aware that the LTEC space may already be booked and alternate dates may be necessary; flexibility will be appreciated.
- Refreshments served in the LTEC must be arranged through PACES. On the request or in follow up information you must answer:
- Who will arrange for refreshments?
- How will the refreshments be paid for?
- Approximately how many people do you expect to attend?
- Library staff will NOT be available at the time of the event to open doors, assist in the use of the equipment, or set up the room unless arrangements are made in advance. In the request please include any specific information (if known) to address:
- How do you need the room set up?
- Who will be available to help set up the room?
- When will they be available to help set up the room? At least 30 minutes prior to the event is preferred to ensure that the equipment is set up and working properly.
If the event occurs outside of usual library hours this information is critical before an event can be scheduled.
Available Equipment for loan or use in the LTEC
- Digital Camera
- Portable Poster board
- Overhead projector
- Color Printer / Scanner - Its use must support teaching and learning and require color printing for presentation. Only ONE color copy per project – duplicates must be made elsewhere
- Laptops (Library Owned)
- Projector (Library Owned)
Contact Dr. Caron Collins, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information.