The mission of the Learning and Teaching Excellence Center (LTEC) at the State University of New York College at Potsdam is to promote high quality teaching and learning by:
- Sponsoring activities; such as workshops, seminars, and speakers.
- Coordinating and supporting initiatives related to scholarly teaching and ongoing professional development, emphasizing the enhancement of student learning through innovative practices.
The LTEC is dedicated to helping the college fulfill fundamental aspects of its mission:
- To create a student-centered academic culture that encourages innovative approaches to teaching and learning, provides resources to support pedagogical innovation, and evaluates the effectiveness of teaching and learning.
- To contribute to the improvement of teaching and the expansion of knowledge through appropriate programs and endeavors in research, scholarship, and creative activity by its faculty.
- To encourage faculty presentations and demonstrations to further promote collaboration in teaching and learning.