Student Phonathon Positions
Phonathon callers assist the office of College Advancement at SUNY Potsdam with securing annual gifts and pledges for The Fund for Potsdam.
- Build rapport with prospective donors and provide information about SUNY Potsdam
- Obtain gifts and pledges of monetary support
- Update prospect information
- Determine prospect’s preferred method of contact
- Fill out pledge form on computer completely and with detail
- Attend training sessions as needed
- Comfortable asking prospects to donate money to SUNY Potsdam, using specific amounts
Must be available for a minimum of 3 shifts (Shifts are Sun-Thr 6-9 p.m.; Sun 1-4 p.m.)
- Able to speak clearly and correctly on the telephone via computer
- Able to portray a positive energy of the Phonathon (The Buzz) and SUNY Potsdam to each prospect
Interviews will be held from January 27 to February 7. If hired, training will be held on Sunday, February 9 from 10 am to 3 p.m., and a lab will be held on either February 24, 25, 26 in the evening. Calling will be on Sunday-Thursdays, March 2 - April 30. If interested, please print and complete the Application (PDF). The application can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, dropped off at Raymond 505, or mailed to Ellen Nesbitt, SUNY Potsdam, Raymond 505, 44 Pierrepont Ave, Potsdam, NY 13676.