Around 7 p.m. tonight, SUNY Potsdam experienced a power outage. The College is in contact with National Grid, which is working to get power restored. As of this time, it is not yet clear when power will return.
On-campus students should follow instructions from Residence Life. The campus is closed to guests and visitors at this time.
RESIDENT STUDENT ADVISORY:
In the event of high winds, strong rains and potential power outages, take the following precautions:
• Stay indoors during the storm.
• Shut and lock your windows.
• Remove belongings from windowsills.
• Fully charge cell phones and computers in advance.
• Unplug nonessential items.
• In a power outage, only flashlights should be used. Candles and open flames are prohibited in residence halls at ALL times.
• The Barrington Student Union is the designated assembly area for residential students in the event of a fire alarm or an evacuation.
• If there is a power outage, wait for Residence Life to give instruction.
• Residence Life will identify and staff card access doors during a power outage.
• Please take caution when opening and closing external doors in high winds. Avoid using the handicapped accessible automated doors during the storm.
Please report any emergencies or unsafe conditions such as downed trees or flooding to University Police at (315) 267-2222.
Please watch your e-mail and http://www.potsdam.edu for the most up-to-date information.