You are here
SUNY Potsdam's CLEAR Invites Community to Experience Spring Non-Credit Classes
Start your year off right by learning new skills and having fun at one of the many non-credit classes offered by SUNY Potsdam’s Center for Lifelong Education and Recreation.
CLEAR will offer a selection of some of its most-loved fitness and artistic courses once again in the New Year, with courses designed for students of all ages, so the whole family can take advantage.
Popular returning sessions will include gymnastics, martial arts, swimming and arts enrichment classes for children, as well as adult piano, wellness and fitness classes. Registration opens on Monday, Dec. 18.
The list of courses is as follows:
- Bears Learn-To-Swim: Choose from either small group sessions or private lessons. For children ages 5 to 13 only. Please note that supervision by a parent or guardian is required.
- Creative Arts for Kids!: This afterschool program allows children in Kindergarten through Grade 4 to explore dance, drama and the visual arts.
- Family Music: For children ages 4 and under. Please note that participants must be accompanied by a caregiver.
- Gymnastics: Choose from Together With Tots (ages 2-3), Tiny Tumblers (ages 3-4), Beginning/Intermediate (ages 5-8) or Educational Gymnastics (ages 8-15).
- Tae Kwon Do: This course is designed for youth from ages 7 to 14, or yellow stripe belt and above.
Fitness and Enrichment:
- Adult Piano: Learn to play piano in a relaxed and supportive setting. For all ages and ability levels. Note that a course workbook will be required.
- Aquatic Fitness: Get your aerobic workout in the water! This program is great for those with chronic pain and arthritis.
- Evening Yoga for Every Body: All levels of yoga experience are welcome in this course.
- Deep Water Exercise: An aqua jogger belt is required for this class.
- TABATA: Intense interval training that allows participants to burn more calories and fat in less time through short, high-energy bursts of exercise, followed by short rest periods. Classes start with a warm-up and end with a cool-down.
- TABATA Extended: Enhance your TABATA workout experience by adding this extended 30-minute session of deep, relaxed stretching and gentle Qigong or meditation exercises, helping to prevent “day after” pain and promote well-being.
- Tae Kwon Do: This course is designed for anyone age 15 and up.
- Yoga and Pilates: Recharge and rejuvenate with yoga and pilates.
- Qigong Sampler: Participants can choose from any of an array of classes—sign up for just one, some or all of them! Sessions include “Coiling Silk,” “Yi Jin Jing: Muscle Tendon Transformation,” “Standing Meditation,” “Bone Marrow Cleansing,” “Evidence Based Qigong,” “The Five Animal Frolics,” “Five-Minute Qigong,” “Eighteen Movements of Taiji for Qigong,” “Qigong Movement and Meditation” and “The Essence of Taiji (Tai Chi).”
Course registration will open on Monday, Dec. 18. For more information about class details, contact CLEAR at (315) 267-2167 or visit https://clear.potsdam.edu.
Founded in 1816, The State University of New York at Potsdam is one of America’s first 50 colleges—and the oldest institution within SUNY. Now in its third century, SUNY Potsdam is distinguished by a legacy of pioneering programs and educational excellence. The College currently enrolls approximately 3,700 undergraduate and graduate students. Home to the world-renowned Crane School of Music, SUNY Potsdam is known for its challenging liberal arts and sciences core, distinction in teacher training and culture of creativity. To learn more, visit www.potsdam.edu.