You are here
We encourage you to pull together a rough draft and then come in to meet with a staff member to review and critique your resume. Appointments can be made by calling (315) 267-2344.
Be sure to check out our resume building tool, Optimal Resume. This tool is an interactive, web-based program which allows you to build high quality resumes and cover letters while viewing samples. Tips, video tutorials, and career exploration tools are also available. Access for SUNY Potsdam students and alumni only.
The following are guides and links to help you get started:
General Resume Guide (PDF) - This guide is to be used by all majors.
General Resume Powerpoint (PDF) - This Powerpoint is to be used by all majors for employment/graduate school/promotions.
Veterans Resume Guide (PDF) - This is for anyone with military experience.
- Resume Materials for Student Teaching Candidates - This includes a Student Teaching Resume Guide and Samples of Student Teaching Resumes. Students, who are applying for a student teaching placement, should use these materials.
- Resume Powerpoint for Teachers (PDF)
Resume Supplement for Music Education (PDF) - This supplement should be used along with the General Resume Guide for any student majoring in Music Education and applying for employment or graduate school.
- Resume Supplement for Computer Science (PDF) - This supplement should be used along with the General Resume Guide for any student majoring in Computer Science.
- Resume Supplement for Physical Science (PDF) - This supplement should be used along with the General Resume Guide for any student majoring in any of the Physical Sciences.
Resume Rubric - To be used when evaluating your resume for employment/graduate school.
- Resume Checklist - Complete this checklist after you write the rough draft of your resume. Bring it to your resume appointment with a Career Counselor.